- This event has passed.
M.O.V.E. Class with Jayne Peterson
May 16, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Orient towards inclusion
Embrace liberation and…
MOVE THE DIAL toward health, healing and belonging for all by restoring connection WITH YOUR BODY.
We have been taught not to trust our bodies and to value the thinking mind above all else. Cultural patterns of supremacy, power over verses power with, and the belief “I think therefore I am” disconnects us from our bodies and feeds the social pathogens of racism, oppression and increasing amounts of chronic disease.
IN THIS 5 WEEK BODY-CENTERED SERIES WE WILL:
- Explore the language of the body and somatic based movement practices that restore connection with our amazing, whole, and wise bodies.
- Learn about the amygdala hijack and build capacity in our nervous systems to stay present in our bodies amidst fear and discomfort.
- Create more space and acceptance for the parts of ourselves and our world we other, marginalize, and oppress.
- Increase awareness of the dominant, white-bodied supremacy and patriarchal stories that live in our bodies and impact health.
- Strengthen connection with ourselves and each other creating more belonging, safety, and liberation for all.
This class is for “EVERY BODY” no matter your size, shape or movement ability.